Thursday, September 8, 2016

dreaming of a beach in England

Now that sounds different for me...right? Ever since going to London in 2012, I have fallen in love with England.  I was happy to find this challenge from the UK.  and the theme was beaches.
On this blog, CASology; week 214; beach, they like the clean and simple look.  I do also at times when making cards.  I guess I lean that way more than the other with lots of flowers and frills.  May have something to do with having boys.....

I chose a light sea blue, with a little darker blue for the squares. It was really easy to do this card if you use a 1 inch/ 1.5 inch punch. Then I stamped the images from a retired Close to My Heart  mini set called SPLASH.  I added the fibers, that made me think of seaweed.  The memories is stamped in SU! crumb cake ink.  The stamp itself is a old EK success stamp.  Before the M, I placed a sea green pearl reminding me of the pearl of great price.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful contrast in colors Vicki! Love your accents of fiber and pearl to accent your beachy theme. So glad you played along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Love the graphic layout and the colours! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending the time to look at my blog. I hope you enjoy it and are inspired to make something beautiful.
Vicki Clifton