Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Ocean Days

I wanted to play along on the Newton's nook blog challenge www.newtonsnookblog.com for summer theme, but I didn't have the stamps that were summer only.  So I decided to think outside the box and check out their free designs on their blog.  I was able to download the image of flip flops and the word beach bum.  As I decided to work with this idea, I remembered the last time I had been to the beach.  It was at the end of summer last year.  My dad had just been diagnosed with cancer ( three years after mine) and we were headed to Houston, TX to MD Anderson Hospital.  They had a delay in surgery time so we were able to spend some time as a family at Galveston, TX. It is a special memory since my dad has already died and went to Heaven . 

 In memory of him, I added the black ribbon for melanoma along with the hearts and sentiments from Newton's Support stamp set. I used Kiwi Lane card borders for the sand which I embossed with copper powder from Ranger. I then used a water brush and Dapper Denim from Stampin' Up! to color brush the ocean and sky. Clear glitter glue from Studio G added the glimmer on the waves.  The markers were Tombow jewel tones and Bic.

Dad always enjoyed my cards and I think he would have liked this one also.



1 comment:

  1. Hello Vicki! This card is so pretty and even more so with the story about your Dad! I bet he would love this card - and it's so nice to think of the good memories! Thanks for getting inky with us and linking up your cards to to our inky paws challenge this month! I've enjoyed them all!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending the time to look at my blog. I hope you enjoy it and are inspired to make something beautiful.
Vicki Clifton