Wednesday, August 3, 2016

You are tough!

This summer has been  a difficult one for those who support the "Thin Blue Line". When I saw the current challenge at Newtonsnookblog.com was to create a project inspired by summer, I thought of the "Newton's Support" stamps.  Since I have family in law enforcement, I thought an encouraging card would be the best.  Also this summer was a high light to attend a seminar of encouragement for law enforcement officers.  Although this is not the typical summer card, for me it represents the summer of 2016.

Stamps; Newton's support www.newtonsnookblog.com, cat, hearts and sentiment; round flourish-Stampin' Up!
A2 white card base, black mat, royal blue mat and black tag. Fibers from my stash. 

One thing I like to do so it's not so expensive or bulky to mail is use a pen to make a faux line around the edges.  I used the Stampin' chalk marker to make the white dots and lines. Other markers used were Tombow and Bic. 






1 comment:

  1. That is such a sweet idea and a great card to send to your family! I hope things get better for them! Such a tough profession to be in right now!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending the time to look at my blog. I hope you enjoy it and are inspired to make something beautiful.
Vicki Clifton